Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 3.2l petrol landrover freelander 2, recently it just cut off on highway. Many attempts restart it no success. It just cranks but can't start. High breakdown mechanic advised that the injectors are not receiving power to open up.

What could be the problem, I need your help because the mechanic does not know the electrical distribution of landrover.
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If the engine cools down, does it fire up perfectly? If so it could be a bad CPS. This is a symptom on a DII; do not know the Freelander.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the engine cools down, does it fire up perfectly? If so it could be a bad CPS. This is a symptom on a DII; do not know the Freelander.
I waited for it to cool down but it could not start at all. Its completely quite just cranks.
Fortune

·
2008 LR2 SE
37 Posts
It could be many things. If you have a scan-tool you may be able to read one or more DTC's which would help to narrow it down.

I have the .pfd shop manual, which has troubleshooting details. Too big to emial but I can probably send it to you via dropbox.

Also... a very common failure on the 3.2 is the fuel pressure sender, although the symptoms usually involve intermittent cutting out, not complete engine shutdown. It's very cheap and easy to replace, located on the end of the fuel rail. But it would be best to do trouble-shooting to be sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check fuel pump. Almost all fuel pumps act the same way. They do not die slowly, they decide to stop at the most inconvenient time. I had one in my Suburban that died while I was going uphill passing a semi on I-15 N, good thing I had enough momentum to move back to the shoulder. Same with ML320 and BMW 535

1 - 6 of 6 Posts