Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy the Disco III TD6 HSE. I have however had a few 'competitive' salesman tell me that Land Rover was in financial trouble and their service was horendous etc etc. Granted, they are competitive salesman but living in South Africa LR does have a bad rep. for service and reliability. Is there any truth to the 'bankrupcy/financial trouble' rumour, especially within the contect of South Africa ?

Many Thanks

·
4,576 Posts
Being a part of Ford, and with all of the research they have been putting into future vehicles, i highly doubt they are going through financial problems, but those are only my observations, nothing is certain...if anyone else has fact in regards to this matter please feel free to post!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Land Rover Finances

01001010 is correct. They are part of Ford and doing well financialy. Those salesmen are probably thinking Land Rover is part of Rover (or just trying to con you) which is going down the bung. When rated for customer service unfortunately their ratings are rock bottom. In a recent survey in Car magazine there was nobody below Land Rover's poor customer service. But I think the vehicle more than makes up for the service factor.

Drive a J... or BMW ? No way!! :drive:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cost of Land Rover 3

They start at R440 000.00 Our exchange rate at the moment is around R6.25 to the US$ and R11.82 to the pound. Must say they look great although way out of my price range :bawling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.