Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fitting conveyer belts as mudflaps tomorrow, as the bigger tyres kicks up more stone on dirt roads and tents to chip the new paintwork. Also having the wheel hubs and wheel bolts sprayed the same silver as the cars body.

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Waar is jy Swaar??
(Where are you?)

I see a Mpumalanga Numberplate, (for those of you that doesnt know this is a province in the North East of South Africa. Some of the best 4X4 trails in the country can be found there.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
I think I speak for all Americans here when I state how jealous we all are that you can just go get a Defender as if it were any other vehicle. :bawling: It's worse than prohibition over here,,,,,,,,, I can brew beer in my basement but I can't make a Defender out of a Disco ! :D

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
the defender 110 was only imported for one year, 1993. They only brought 500 into North America (maybe more including canada). They retail for over $60,000 if not higher. The 90 was imported for 3 years, 94, 95, and 97. They sell for pretty crazy prices as well. People sell them for the same price they paid only with 70,000 miles on them.

The defender is a rare beast in the US. :bawling:

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Gerhard said:
i live in standerton, i go mozambique often, have holiday house in eastern cape. but my best landy days i have in the drakensberge at van reenen. see you there.

Gerhard

Agreed, been up to the top of Platberg (the big flat mountain at the top of Van Reenen's pass) myself. Had a mate staying in Harrismith and we (both were still single guys) would drive through the whole of nothern Natal/ easten Freestate. Tried to do some Pub crawling with 4x4ing inbetween but it usially became to dangerous and we would stick to the pubs.

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
emissions and also safety requirements. Main being airbags. As for 130's, there are some gray market ones of course. We have a great company called East Coast Rovers and they'll build pretty much any defender for you if you've got the cash.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Gerhard said:
as i was a victum from a hi-jack attempt last satuday.
:eek: That's quite common in South Africa from what I have read...

Serg

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
SiGuy said:
Do you get any 130's in the States?? Is there a reason why Land rover is restricting Defenders in the US??
It isn't Land Rover restricting their import, it's the US (NHTSA, National Highway Transportation Safety Administration) that severely restricts the importation of ANY vehicle less than 25 years old. It's 15 years in Canada.

If I thought a '93 NAS 110 was worth 60K, mine would be on the block so fast it would make your head sizzle, even 40K is laughable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done some more

Done some more work on Silver. Got hold of the original Hi-Line stripes and fitted mudflaps. She is now as original as when imported from GB in 1994. Also had the hubs sprayed same silver as the body. Greetings from South Africa.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.