Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 2001 TD5 is there anything I should be aware of as a commen problem to look into before I take delivery????? The vehicle is in immaculate condition 1 owner, Log books ,full history but I,ve never owned Disco before and have wanted to for years so if anyone out there can give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks Duncan

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try and take it on a long test drive, if possible use it over a weekend.
I too have had a discovery at the top of my wish list since they first came out and finally last month managed to scrap the money together to buy a 04 HSE. What a let down. The driving position is not centered and becomes very uncomfortable on long journeys, you're squashed up to the door, the rear passengers find it extremely difficult to get in and out of due to the small doors, road driving is sluggish and even though brand new has been returned to the dealership for a duff window motor, side mirror heater not working and a very noisy squeeky clutch.
I test drove it for about an hour on my own with rose coloured glasses firmly in place and now regret it. I wish I had my Santa Fe back!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts