Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
kai,
My truck is usually only used in the off-winter season as it's a softtop with no heater.
Mostly I use the truck around town, offroad here and there where I can find a trail and occasionally to car shows. I also haul wood around the neighborhood for myself and my neighbors, but with the 3' bed, there's not much room...easier than a wheelbarrow though.

Bogatyr

· Registered
222 Posts
The short answer is- EVERYTHING!

My 88 Station Wagon diesel is my only car- it gets used every day for the 30-mile round trip to college and back, it carries my mountain bikes and sailing dinghy about, it tows a horsebox, it's used for collecting logs and coal, carting people about the county, jump-starting flat batteries (hand throttle comes in handy there, especially if it's a big tractor battery), and last weekend it was even used for levering 40-year old tyres of their rims (drive the Landy over the end of the lever-bar, it work's a treat!).

It gets off-roaded an awful lot as well. Where I live (a steep hill surrounded by hills), there are loads of 'roads' that havn't been re-tarmaced since the 1920s and have become little more than bumpy, muddy tracks. The SIII is great for 'short cuts'. I also do proper green-laning whenever I get the chance and the occasional blast around a quarry or off-road site.

Great car.

Jack

· Registered
66 Posts
Hey kai,
I use mine mainly on holidays or when I have to, i mean, it is not my preferred vehicle for driving around the city and to uni, however, I do seem to get a lot of looks and waves from fellow landrover drivers. I use mine mainly as a holiday car, beach driving, camping etc. Mine is one of those old long wheel base camping pop top landies. It's roof pops up and has 2 bunks in the roof, the seats also fold down and sleeps another 2 at floor level, quite comfrtably too.
Dick

· Registered
97 Posts
Hi Kai,
Use mine whenever I can. Leave my everyday car which I use for driver training and use the Landy for shopping, visiting, church; basically everything else. My dogs love it. Soon as I pick up the keys they are there waiting for their ride which they normally get. :buttrock:

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
I use mine to spend my excess cash on!

No just kidding if I had any it would have been in a much better state.

It is a hobby, relax and get away from the job stress. Mainly a weekender.

Also, I do some part time work as a PH (Professional Hunter). The Landy is then in its eliment!! Do all sorts of jobs wherever is needed.

· Registered
66 Posts
Hahaha, I like that comment about using it to spend excess cash on. how true! I tell my girl friend to think of it as an investment. Mine's a great hobby, its great cause you can do everything your self, especially when you have access to a forum like this!!

· Registered
15 Posts
Exactly my sentiments! I too tell my boyfriend that it's an investment and a de-stresser. He of course, doesn't believe me. But now that he's got a Montero to drive, he's perfectly happy to let me drive my Landy.

I don't drive it in the winter yet. I just got it this fall and am not yet sure what kind of confidence I have in it, since it was sitting for many years prior. And don't forget that -40 deg F in Fairbanks is not a day I want to be sitting in an unheated vehicle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.