Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my first post and I have a problem,

Ive revently bought a SIIA and been enjoying it so far and getting oily etc,

However today I have a problem, sometimes when I push the clutch down it does not dis engage and I still move forward DANGEROUS...

Could this be my master cylinder? However I dont seem to be losing any fluid.

The biting point is always very low aswell, I barely have to lift my foot before it moves.

Please help me!!!!! :drive:

Thanks in advance all! nice forum!

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
hmmm

Could be the master cylinder seals have gone,or the system has got air in try a quick bleed up,check the bushes on the linkage arent too worn.get some one to press the pedal down (engine off) and see how much travel you have from the slave cylinder the linkage should start moving immediatly the moment pressure is applied to the pedal.

Cheers Onz

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Terry

I'd agree with Onslow, check for air in the system. If the seal in the master were bad, you would begin to engage after a few moments without lifting the pedal. I'm not refering to the piston seals, as they would show leakage if bad. The one I'm refering to is on the end of the Master piston. One other thing could be the throwout bearing, but bad ones also have some noises (as opposed to all the other noises in a series) Give it a good bleeding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, it totally went in the end and ive replaced the master cylinder and the problem is solved.

As you mention though the linkage is a bit worn and the pedal moves a bit before the push rod is moved, so my clutch bite is just off the floor I need to adjust the push rod a bit mi thinks.

Just glad it was nowt in the box which had broke :)

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Depending upon how long it was in less than stellar condition, it may be advisable to replace the slave cylinder along with the flexible line from the bulkhead to the slave.

BTDT and got real good and removing the wing :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.