Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2000 disco II and I just found out I have a leak in the intake manifold! I have had the truck for a month and a half. Anyone know about how much this is to fix? I know its just a gasket that needs to be replaced but it seems to be a "big job" to do, can anyone recommend someone in NYC? Thanks!

Oh yeah I need a passenger side armrest too and I cant find it anywhere, any suggestions besides dealer?

· Registered
1,506 Posts
There is one guy in Astoria (Ricardo) that works on LRs.... I have his number somewhere at home. You might want to call AB (800-533-2210 ext 231) and ask them who they would recommend in the NYC area.

Good luck.

· Banned
907 Posts
I'm guessing your leaking antifreeze???? If so, thats a commom problem. It's also an easy fix. www.discountbritishparts.com can get you all the parts you need for cheap, and the fix take about 1/2 a day. All you need is the valley pan gasket, and the two rubbber intake gaskets.

While you are in there, you may as well replace the thermastat, valve cover gaskets, oil and antifreeze....

· Registered
1,506 Posts
I did my intake gasket in 2 half days by myself, but on a D1. I'll get you Ricardo's number in a few minutes.

718-274-5761

· Registered
106 Posts
Starbright131 said:
Hello,

I have a 2000 disco II and I just found out I have a leak in the intake manifold! I have had the truck for a month and a half. Anyone know about how much this is to fix? I know its just a gasket that needs to be replaced but it seems to be a "big job" to do, can anyone recommend someone in NYC? Thanks!

Oh yeah I need a passenger side armrest too and I cant find it anywhere, any suggestions besides dealer?
yeah, intake manifolds are easy. Just label everything you take off or disconnect at both ends to make sure you put it all back the same way. Its the head gaskets that are a pain, cause you have to take the heads off. Just get your torque specs right on the intake manifold and you should do a complete tune up at the same time like plug wires and other things that are easier to do while the intake is off. good luck

· Banned
907 Posts
Starbright131 said:
Thanks a million dude!!!!! :wave: Everyone kept telling me......oh yes this is big job, thats why you shouldnt have bought a landrover.....SCREW THEM!!!!

:buttrock:
Land Rovers have got to be one of the easiest trucks to work on out there. The parts are a little more expencive, but, in most cases, you are getting a better quallity part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.