Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a TD5 Discovery11 automatic, Which has a very bad leak in the roof which seems to be coming from the sunroof, Now I can't open the sunroof because the electrics are fried from all the water, is there any other way to open the sunroof so I can check the drain holes and the seal to see if they need to be cleared, the water in also now coming in where the seatbelts are asweel, any help would be great thanks:confused:dunno:

·
Registered
115 Posts
The sunroof drain only function when the sunroof is open. When closed the sunroof is supposed to seal against the gaskets. Either the metal frame to roof seal failed or the glass gasket failed. You can try applying packing or duct tape to cover the from the glass to the roof. Check to see if you still have the leak. To get to the drains and motor you are going to have to pull the headliner.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The drains function when the roof is open or closed.
Actually if you think about it, drains don't do much good if the roof is open and it is raining.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Were you able to open and close the leaking sun roof.
There is a small square plastic panel near the sun roof that covers a mechanical opener that can be turned with an allen wrench to open and close the roof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts