Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was wondering if anyone know the two hoses that connect to the fuel filter I had to cut them and then just put male adapters and clamped the hose to them unfortunatly its leaking a bit which isnt too comfortable feeling driving around with it. Anyone know what kind of shops can put replace ment hoses on or do I have to take the whole long hard pipe off and replace it with the hose or take it off to get it fixxed or any ideas?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I don't know why you had to cut the fuel line, but it's a swage fitting on both ends. you could get it fixed at a fluid/hydraulic shop. Also, I wouldn't drive around with a leaking fuel line without a glovebox full of marshmallows.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I tried everything possible to try to undo it. but it was almost rusted into one peice.

Do you know if I will have to remove the tubing for them to put new ones on?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I believe you may have to take it off. Most swage presses that I've seen are bench mounted. I could be wrong, however, I'm sure others on this forum will chime in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided not to chance becoming a fireball on the highway :)

Just went to the pick-a-parts place and got a whole new line from tank to engine $75 (hope I didnt pay too much)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Disco...there are repair kits made for that. The dealer should have the kit in stock..as should aftermarket supply houses.
You need to ask specifically for the filter/repair kit combo.
The kit consists of two new ends(the parts that screw into the filter) and a new filter, along with a new strap and bolts.
good luck

try this
http://www.roverparts.com/ProductLi...PerPage=1&ListType=DETAIL&PartNumber=STC1677G

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that is just what I needed :( but a day late since I cant return the parts I got :(
its ok I guess still since it will remain stock now. Just going to be pain to install it :(

Thanks I will keep inmind for future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.