Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Bolt hole or screw hole? If it's a bolt hole, find the correct size bolt, drain some fluid to keep the area dry and thread the bolt in with JB Weld. Let dry, re-fill.
Screw hole? Same procedure, Just make sure the screw is snug but not too big. You don't want to split the plastic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a leak in the same spot. X2 on JB Weld.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i've seen that before..
likely someone forced in the wrong screw and caused your leak.
with how sensitive disco's are to temperature you should replace it. it's not worth risking an overheated motor

·
Registered
579 Posts
Radiator bottom leak

Last year I that HAD this same leak from the top screw hole where the fan shroud screws in. I replaced the radiator.

Today, I have coolant seeping out from somewhere along the very bottom of the radiator. I cannot tell where it's coming from, but it is running all along then underside of the rad the whole length of it.

There is absolutely no leaks from anything that can be seen from the top, even with all the fan shrouds removed.

Could an 18 month old radiator crack like that along the bottom?

Any input would appreciated before I feel like I need to pull this whole radiator out just to see what's going on.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.