Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '95 disco has developed a leak that comes from the rear passenger side over the side window (not the alpine) and the rear speaker. I've found it comes from between where the roof and side panels are pressed/rivited together. I can't seem to resolve it. I've sealed under the rain gutter and at the top of the rear quarter panel where it joins to the rear but it still leaks. It does not appear to be the sunroof as the headliner is dry. I also re-sealed the windshield where the weather stripping had poped up a little but no fix. Anyone else have this problem or that can point to a solution?

Thanks in advance

KF

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you pull the black plastic trim from the gutter and look down from above ,you will see a seam where the two panels meet.In their infinite wisdom LR used a strip of metallic tape over the joint and then sealant over the top,unfortunately they didn't sit it flush in the gutter but pulled it up towards the outer edge.This leaves a small gap for water to enter.If you carefully lift the tape up and seal underneath,then lay it back down and seal over the top,you should stop the leak.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this makes sense. Any advice on removing the trim? It seems to be on rather tight and I am hessitant to pry it off from underneath as it looks like it may be a bit brittle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply,no easy way without breaking it really.You could perhaps try running some hot water from a kettle over it to soften it first but in my experience,it will just break or not depending on your luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts