Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a '99 Disco 2(gas). This is my first rover and I love it, but with new vehicles come new problems and I don't think this could be any more different from my old Chevy!
The truck seems to have sprung a leak in the left cyl. head area. I have about 70k miles on it, and was wondering if this is a common problem with these engines. The leak is pretty slow and I don't have water in my oil or vice versa. Is there a different area my coolant could be migrating from?

Thanks,
Gabe

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Gabe,
Can you be more specific as to where the leak is coming from? Rovers are a little prome to leaking , some ar not to bad to deal with.
Mike J.
99D2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leaky rover

Wow you guys are fast!
I didn't know it had freeze plugs in the head, I'll have to look again. The leak is near the base of the drivers side cyl. head where it meets the block, however the whole area is wet along the two surfaces from back to front, so I was hoping the coolant was coming from the front of the engine and traveling back along the edge of the sealing area between the block and head. I just want to rule out everything before diving headfirst into a headgasket job!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Top 2 possibilities are intake manifold gasket, head gasket and a 3rd. would be the 2 throttle bodys heating hoses where they hook into the throttle body on the drivers side of the engine in front and under the intake.
Mike J.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still leakin

Yeah, looks like I'll have to clean out the garage for this job. Anything I need to be wary of before starting this little adventure? Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.