Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried any led headlight/fog light bulbs for their disco 1? I see that Vleds has some for 110.00. If so how long have they lasted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Xenon lighting would probably give you the best output. I don't own a DI but i have a DII and I did a projector retrofit on mine and it was very easy and cost about $90-100. I got lucky bought my projectors when they were on sale.

Not to deter you from LED but from what i've seen they look nice but aren't super bright

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks, I was worried about the longevity with an hid kit. I see so many cars running around with one light working.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
There are no legal HID headlight retrofits for D1's and I'm pretty sure there aren't any legal LED retrofits for them either.

This thread is about HID's, but would apply to LED also. http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f2/information-retrofitting-h-i-d-headlamps-50488/

Your best bet is to make sure you have, with the engine running, 14+ volts at the headlight connectors, clean connectors coated with dielectric grease, good H4 bulbs and non-fogged lenses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.