Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Make sure there is no bad rust spots on it. Pretty much the same things apply to a lightweight that apply to any series truck.
Lightweights are sweet, if I can find one I am going to get one after I sell my RRC some time down the road. Once you get it spray it with some nice paint and put on some MT's and you are ready to go.

· Registered
107 Posts
YoungPete said:
Hello,I'm considering buying a leightweight as my first car,what do i need to know about s2/3 leightweights in general?

Thanks for any replies,
Pete. :buttrock:
What do you want to know?

Lightweights can be best described as "the Land Rover with attitude". Cool as f**k to look at (disco owners eat your hearts out :) ) seriously good fun to drive and that alround ruggedness that just is Land Rover. Don't expect any thrills with a lightweight as they are even more basic than a normal series truck but that's a small price to pay when evryone looks at you with envy and wishes they had one too. :D :rellye

· Registered
528 Posts
what are lightweights? i've never heard of them?

· Registered
1 Posts
Young Pete:

When getting ready to buy a LTWT, make sure you look at the chasis and the bulkhead for rust. The big question you have to ask yourself is do you want a 24 volt or 12 volt model? Do your research, before buy and ensure that is what you want. They are without a doubt great looking and a blast to drive. The best thing I have found is how much they can be modified and personalized if you have the money and the time. Do not expect to buy a ltwt without putting some work into it. Good luck and have fun. I know I love mine!

Here is thw web site to the lightweight club

http://www.lightweightlandroverclub.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.