Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I was surfing through the web and saw this bumper was wondering what kind of bumper this is, I know it looks a lot like a ARB bumper but I took a second look and realized it wasn't. This bumper isnt as thick and look a bit more slender, even though it has same type of brushbar, the bumper part is a lot less bulky and doesn't hang as low as an ARB? Can it be a BRB from the UK? or is it another make? Heres the pic below, hey you know what this would be a great game, lol, to play, put up obscure photos and try to see who can name that bumper, lol......

· Registered
1,506 Posts
MathewBGoode said:
Hey all I was surfing through the web and saw this bumper was wondering what kind of bumper this is, I know it looks a lot like a ARB bumper but I took a second look and realized it wasn't. This bumper isnt as thick and look a bit more slender, even though it has same type of brushbar, the bumper part is a lot less bulky and doesn't hang as low as an ARB? Can it be a BRB from the UK? or is it another make? Heres the pic below, hey you know what this would be a great game, lol, to play, put up obscure photos and try to see who can name that bumper, lol......
That's Axel's bumper, it'a KVT bumper (homemade).

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi, thanks for responding, john, custom made you say? darn...... its looks like a great bumper and give my compliments to the owner and creator of a great bumper. hey scsl that first one you showed is rovertym's, lol and the second one don't know

· Registered
1,506 Posts
MathewBGoode said:
would the second one be a tjm for a defender?
I'm not sure. I've seen the TJMs on Discos and I was a bit disappointed, a bit too flimsy and it moves up or down to easily. I've seen it push up into the body of the vehicle over at MAR. I've seen them bulge while winching (the SG bulges also). The ARB bends pretty easily also. I guess one of the best ones is RTE (I don't like the finish but hey, that's just me) and one other brand.

Again, just me experience...

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the bar for the ARB's but I like the fit of the bumper of the RTE's, too bad I'm not inclined enough in technical skills such as weilding to fabricate my own and not to mention that the only torch I have is a lighter, lol, sigh........ I envy those who are mechanically inclined....

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Oh yeah

Oh yeah,,,1st pic of red articulated Disco I is Rovertym,,,from their website but you guys probably already knew that. OK,,,now that I've played "name that bumper" I am officially a LR-Geek :) :drink1:

· Registered
1,506 Posts
SCSL said:
On my '01 Disco II w/ Superwinch 9000 & Hella illumination. This bumper has withstood extraction (of self & others) & gives awesome approach angle w/ solid protection. www.safarigard.com
The SG bumper (actually the winch tray) on my friend's D90 has shifted, it's not as strong as you think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.