Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Stupid > Ignorant
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just installed RTE bumper with skid and Winch in the front.

Front end sagged noticeably.

I would like to level the front.

I would like to maintain stock height and ride. I don't need any lift. It barely fits into the parking garage that I am in. Lift is no option.

Anyone tried OME light spring on the sagging front to level? Alternative is I see is a space lift 1.5~2"?

I got over 150K on stock shocks. It still rides great.

Any recommendations?

TIA

· Premium Member
102 Posts
Spacers are gonna be the easiest and most consistent way to level it out. If you decide to swap springs, you may have to experiment a little with the right spring rate to get it sitting the way you want.

· Premium Member
102 Posts
I *had* RTE springs and OME shocks in. I just switched over to TerraFirma 3" springs and Bilstein 7100s. I actually have the RTE springs and OME shocks for sale over on Dweb ($400 for all). Thing is, I bought it with those installed, so I really couldn't tell you how much lift over stock they gave me. I have an ARB bumper and a winch on the front. When I measured before I swapped springs, I measured from the ground to the bottom of my front wheel arch, and that was about 36" on the front. I'm at 38" now with the new TF springs. The back is...more complicated. Unbeknownst to me, there was a bad homemade spacer job under the rear perches, basically a piece of bar instead of an actual puck spacer. I removed those, and now it's ass-low in the rear, so I have some aluminum bar coming in the mail to make real spacers. Lifting is not an exact science, there are a lot of variables. Sometimes you just have to throw it on and see what it does to your truck.

· wjsj69
124 Posts
If your springs are original, they're probably sagging and worn out by now anyway. I would just find some aftermarket stock height springs. That will bring the front back up. And if it's not enough, look up Toddco Suspensions. He'll have spacers or will make a custom size or kit for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.