Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have asked a similar question before and i got mixed answers. If i install a three inch lift on my DII, will anything else be required other than springs and shocks. Will it change the pinion angle too much, will it cause problems with the drive shafts. Someone please give me all the details associated with a 3" lift. Thank you guys so much for being an awesome info source for me.

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
All 3" lifts are not created equal. Like tire sizes. Some ride a bit less than 3. Others ride at 3" or higher. OME tends to run lower, RTE tends to run at or higher. SG is definately higher. On a DII you won't have to change anything but brake & ABS lines, particularly if you take out your sway bars (which I imagine you are planning to do w/ a 3" lift). Depending on the lift, you may have to take out your crossmember on a DII. Also, while replacing your front shaft may not be necessary, DII shafts tend to need replacement at @60k so an HD front shaft may be something to look at. Your steering at 3" will be a very different experience vs. stock. Drive conservatively. I would discuss all this w/ the shop from which you are buying the lift. They'll have specific experience w/ their specific lift on a DII & will have the answers you are looking for.

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how will the steering differ.... will it change the turning radius? does it make the drive more "dangerous"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.