Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I measured my Disco and it's about 6'3" at it's highest point. I'm looking at getting an OME 2" Lift. I doubt I'll end up getting a winch but will probably be getting a new bumper. Which load weight do you all suggest?

Also will that bring it up to about 6'5" or will it be higher since I assume the old suspension is sagging?

After that I plan on getting new tires for my 18's or possibly some 16x8's and tires? What wheel diameter can I go up to with the 2" Lift and any idea what the total ride how would be?

This is my daily driver and I do park downtown so I'm trying to stay in a parking garage safe range. Preferably below 6'6" but up to probably 6'8".

Thanks a bunch,
Kris

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I measured my Disco and it's about 6'3" at it's highest point. I'm looking at getting an OME 2" Lift. I doubt I'll end up getting a winch but will probably be getting a new bumper. Which load weight do you all suggest?

Also will that bring it up to about 6'5" or will it be higher since I assume the old suspension is sagging?

After that I plan on getting new tires for my 18's or possibly some 16x8's and tires? What wheel diameter can I go up to with the 2" Lift and any idea what the total ride how would be?

This is my daily driver and I do park downtown so I'm trying to stay in a parking garage safe range. Preferably below 6'6" but up to probably 6'8".

Thanks a bunch,
Kris
Just from experience, I hit the 6'9 garage measurement things.

The OME kits are not designed for inches of lift, rather load capacity and handling, there are lots of people who say 3" for a 751/763 and 2" for a 779/762 Setup.

How many miles on your suspension now? Which OME kit? What size tires?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just from experience, I hit the 6'9 garage measurement things.

The OME kits are not designed for inches of lift, rather load capacity and handling, there are lots of people who say 3" for a 751/763 and 2" for a 779/762 Setup.

How many miles on your suspension now? Which OME kit? What size tires?
106k Miles on the Suspension. I'm looking at the OME 2" Lift, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, OME Steering Stabilizer and then the 275/65/18 Duratracs on the stock 18's.

I'll be adding a front bumper at some point, looking at the Iron Bull which comes in at around 180 lbs. I'll also be getting some sort of rack to haul a kayak, looking and Thule at the moment.

Oh I'm also going to get a Serviceable Driveshaft put in at the same time. Just need to place the order from Lucky8 and then set up some time with my local shop.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First off, you are going to love that truck after the new suspension is put in!

At 100+ Miles, you are going to notice a huge improvement.

I am on 32's now, with the same lift as you, plus a 1.5in spacer and I don't hit 7 feet yet (no roof rack), but it is close, maybe 2in?

However with those thule racks (11in) your are going to need to measure out from the cutter up 11in to get an accurate look, even if you go with a basket, you are going to easily start exceeding garage height.

I read somewhere on here that someone on 751/763's with SD rack was at 7'6 :eek:

I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off, you are going to love that truck after the new suspension is put in!

At 100+ Miles, you are going to notice a huge improvement.

I am on 32's now, with the same lift as you, plus a 1.5in spacer and I don't hit 7 feet yet (no roof rack), but it is close, maybe 2in?

However with those thule racks (11in) your are going to need to measure out from the cutter up 11in to get an accurate look, even if you go with a basket, you are going to easily start exceeding garage height.

I read somewhere on here that someone on 751/763's with SD rack was at 7'6 :eek:

I think you will be fine.
I doubt I'll keep the rack on most of the time, probably just on weekends when heading out to flyfish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.