Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a small lift for looks. Not worried about cost to much.

I have heard ome is the way to go. Is the rover parts kit all you need to make the swap? Medium duty good for just mostly on road
Driving and a little beach driving. Adding a steel front bumper also. Is the standard ome lift 2"? Do you have to extend any lines or anything g on a 2"
Lift?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought my OME lift from Lucky 8 Offroad and they can walk you through exacly what you need, and give you some options. I did not have to extend the brakelines for the 2" Lift.

·
Registered
356 Posts
if your not going to be hitting the trails and don't really need of the legendary reliability of OME you could save some a couple hundred bucks and go terrafirma.

that being said.. i'm running OME 2" heavy duty and love the ride!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I mean I would just prefer to run what is best. Money is not a real issue for this.
The OME Sport Shocks are really really nice, and after install the potholes in Chicago were much less jarring. Honestly, night and day. I read good things about Bilstein, but have not tried them.

If you are not going to go off road stick to stock height. The OME Springs are great, but after a few years i am going back to stock height. I am in the city and do a lot of highway driving with it so I just don't use the benefit of the lift.

Land Rover does have stock height HD shocks and BP Utah sells them if you plan on a bumper and winch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I noticed you are going for looks, and I have not liked how my Disco has looked lifted with stock tires. As I mentioned, I use it for long highway trips and do near zero off road with it. If you do lift it you'll want larger tires.

·
Registered
356 Posts
lift = need for larger tires for sure
you dont have to go crazy or anything but it will look a bit odd with stock tires

·
Registered
122 Posts
lift = need for larger tires for sure
you dont have to go crazy or anything but it will look a bit odd with stock tires
I found this out the hard way. Been bugging me for years.

·
Registered
356 Posts
sell off those stock tires on craigslist and put the moneys toward a new set!

·
Registered
122 Posts
sell off those stock tires on craigslist and put the moneys toward a new set!
For what I use it for stock is better! Some day when it is my second vehicle I will put my lift back on and get some bigger tires.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay did some research and what I am getting from what I am reading is that you can run ome shocks with stock springs and get the stock height. Is there any springs out there better then the stock ones? Do you need to swap out the stock springs from wear or is it just on the shocks?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay did some research and what I am getting from what I am reading is that you can run ome shocks with stock springs and get the stock height. Is there any springs out there better then the stock ones? Do you need to swap out the stock springs from wear or is it just on the shocks?
This is a good question. After I swap I will let you know, but my timeline is warm weather so I don't freeze doing it. Hopefully someone can answer more quickly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.