Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out and installed my "TODDCO" spacer kit. It took a total of about 2 hours including getting out the tools and cleaning up. Not a bad job... I'll post the pics of the process itself a little later on. but here are before and after shots, respectively....

· Banned
527 Posts
Front and Rear?

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
01001010 said:
HF, good job man! Is that a Chevelle you got in the garage?

No that is a Ford Gran Torino. It looks great too, all that is left is odds and ends and the paint... it isn't mine though... :)

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
roverX said:
Tell us more about this kit please!

It is a 1" spacer kit, that gives at least a full inch of extra clearance, I will have the pics up here tomorrow morning (sorry)... I have SLS so the rear was really really easy all it is, is a piece to manipulate the SLS sensor

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The first thing that has to be done is jack up the front end, remove both tires and then remove the brake line from it mounted location(pic 2) Then you remove the bolts holding the shock into place(pic 1)

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after the shock was loose you are supposed to just "bounce" on the axle well that knocks the retaining plate loose I found it was easier to compress the springs and then pull out the reatining plate. (pics of installing the spring compressors)

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then after you have the reatining plate you place the spacer in the retaining plate, then replace the retaining plate, and align the holes to replace the shock and install the new longer bolts to hold everything together. All that was left to do after the 3rd pic was tighten all the bolts and reattatch the brake line to its bolt-on spot, and put the tires back on.....

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now the easy part... I have SLS so the rear side was a lot less labor involved. all that was needed was a metal pice about 2" in length and about 1/4-1/2" thick that just manipulates the sensor to sit higher, In the first pic you will see the sensor arm in the original location, and in the last two you will see the piece that is used to make the sensor sit a bit higer. (IF you don't have SLS the rear side is similar to the front only you do it on the rear.)

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Disco said:
You stole it!? :D
I wish... it is on Jack stands in his garage. A buddy helped me do all the work (he was also the model in all the pics) That's why the Gran Torino is in there. I would have to wait to steal it he hasn't intalled the radio yet either, can't drive around with out the music.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ibjettin said:
Great HF! Thanks for posting the images! At least I know what to expect. :drink1:
not a problem, the instructions are pretty easy to follow, you just have to adjust them a little to get things to work, the compressors made the job a little easier. You can tell the difference when getting in and out of her as well. :drink1:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.