Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to transform my newly acquired stock 2003 Discovery SE7 to a more capable off-road exploration vehicle. The truck is also my daily driver, but I don't care too much about MPG as I'm a consultant who gets to write off my mileage.

My question is, I want to order everything at once, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Here's what I plan on ordering, please correct me or add to anything else I need :) You guys rock!!

- Tom Woods Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft (already ordered)
- Terrafirma 3" Lift Kit
- Terrafirma steering damper
- SS Brakes lines (how many do I need?)
- 275/65R18 BFG TA/KO Tires (will these fit with a 3" lift?)
- ... what else will I need??

Thanks again everyone!

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
^+1

Without a center diff lock you'll be very limited as to what kind of wheeling you can do. Furthermore are your Three Amigos on? If they are you'll be without ABS, Traction Control, and Hill Decent Control and all of your modifications won't help much.

And strictly speaking you need 6 SS brake lines as there are two additional rubber lines under the master cylinder. Preferably the longer version to suit the raised suspension.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I have an old 3" OME lift and was able to reroute the ABS lines so no replacement was needed.
Atlantic British has the 6 brake lines requires.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Good point, with my 3" running ACE I don't have as much articulation compared to not running a rear sway bar so I am somewhat limited there.

·
..\;/...
1,192 Posts
He'll be fine if he just runs the +2 or three I cant remember which size the ome comes with or the stock watts linkage. ....I did the same thing as you just reroute them and it was fine till I went alittle bigger

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am getting ready to transform my newly acquired stock 2003 Discovery SE7 to a more capable off-road exploration vehicle. The truck is also my daily driver, but I don't care too much about MPG as I'm a consultant who gets to write off my mileage.

My question is, I want to order everything at once, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Here's what I plan on ordering, please correct me or add to anything else I need :) You guys rock!!

- Tom Woods Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft (already ordered)
- Terrafirma 3" Lift Kit
- Terrafirma steering damper
- SS Brakes lines (how many do I need?)
- 275/65R18 BFG TA/KO Tires (will these fit with a 3" lift?)
- ... what else will I need??

Thanks again everyone!
By the RoverTym 3in kit. All those parts you will be desiring later if you are running mild trails, or just love your truck.

If you don't do with that kit:

Brake Lines +2 (4 or 6 piece) - I went with +4 x 4
Front Cross Member Spacer - Your drive-shaft will hit it.
Remove those sway bars( or get disconnects, you may need spacers here too)
Re-route your abs, no need to replace

Optional
Radius arms, 3deg or 6 deg (helps a ton with handling)
panhard rod, better handling, alignment
rear double cardon driveshaft
watts linkage extended -more rear travel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.