Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I turned my headlights I noticed that my dash lights are not working. Upon further inspection my tail lights are not on while my headlights are turned as well. My brake lights do work however. I checked the under hood fuse box and fuses seemed fine. I do not have my Haines Manual handy. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If your fuses are OK, you should look at a failing head light switch.
Mike J.

·
Registered
490 Posts
jdool76 said:
After I turned my headlights I noticed that my dash lights are not working. Upon further inspection my tail lights are not on while my headlights are turned as well. My brake lights do work however. I checked the under hood fuse box and fuses seemed fine. I do not have my Haines Manual handy. Any suggestions?

If you have rear fogs... I suggest you turn those on if you drive at night. No point getting a ticket for the lack of tail lights.

Check fuses. Then check them again. If you can find yourself a diagram... I would look over a few common ground points.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You said you checked the fuses under the hood- the fuse that you probably need to replace is in the INTERIOR fuse box, under the steering column.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The fuse for the lights is in the pannel under the dash, driver's side. I think it's identified in the owners manual if I remember correctly. Change it out and if it fails again you'll need to look for a ground. I had this problem and it turned out to be a chaffed wire to the passenger tail lamp in the bumper. The wire chaffed on the frame enough to go thru the shield and would blow the fuse when it contacted the frame. Some electrical tape and additional chaff protection resolved it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
the switch is easy to replace but expensive. usually the fuse is the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KFERG, I will take a look for the fuse and get back with you. It is tough for me to find time; work, school, girlfriend, and the kids keep me pretty busy. Is it a long process to find that fuse? I have a 95 disco. Is there a way to meter the wires so I can elimanate where it is and is not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Muddy, I looked for such a fuse box (interior) but I was unable to locate it. I have a 95 Disco. I am hoping that it is a fuse problem cheaper route. Can you shed some more light for me on this?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok, on the driver's side, under the steering wheel, there's a large panel that should be the same colour as the dash. The whole panel opens. There should be two round plastic locks that can be turned with a quarter (or just your fingers, depending on how many times it's been opened in the past). Once the panel is open, the fusebox should be pretty obvious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.