Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a cure for my long running issue with my Rover. Just had the Neutral Safety Switch Replaced and still having the same problem. When it goes into Limp Mode and I turn the engine off and restart it has reset. Sometimes this will last for awhile and sometimes 20 Minutes or so. Not sure wear to look next. Help !!!!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Limp Mode

Someone had opened it before me and the cover plate was damaged so I had a new XYZ installed. It limped a couple times the next day and by the third day it did not limp at all but I turned on the A/C and it went right into limp turned off A/C restarted and drove some more no limp, turned A/C back on it went into limp. I guess the A/C triggers a default does that seem possible to you ?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I don't know but if I drive it and don't turn on any accessories it's fine but if I turn on the A/C it goes into "limp mode" they say that should not cause that to happen but I have tried a few times and it has gone into "limp mode. Any Ideas ? How is the adjustment made to the XYZ Switch ? Thanks - Pete

· The Old Guy
43 Posts
Sounds to me like you either have a charging problem with alternator, or ground problem. Clean all your connections from alternator, battery, ground etc. Limp mode can be caused by low voltage. turning on accy's and going into limp mode is related, but don't think it has to do with the xyz switch.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
" Limp Mode"

Thanks for the INFO. I replaced the alternator, battery and the XYZ Sensor but will check the ground. I heard that there is a adjustment for the XYZ Sensor but don't know enough about it, and will look into the low voltage issue. Thanks - Pete

· Registered
317 Posts
" Limp Mode " 2002 Discovery

I recommend that you get the transmission fault codes read. There are 12 different faults that can trigger limp home mode. See RAVE pages 616-617. Without knowing which fault is causing the problem you are just throwing money, parts and time at it.

And as for the XYZ switch, look carefully to see if the correct gear indicator in the instrument panel LCD appears as you move the shifter through the PRND321 range. If it does your XYZ is adjusted properly. If not let us know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.