Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've been having issues when stopping and then pressing the gas. When I come to a complete stop or a very slow it takes my LR3 a few seconds to get going. I am told that I need to change the differential and transfer case fluids. I bought it 8 months or so ago, used and put in a used engine. The car is now over 100k miles.

Is this something that I can do myself or should I bring it to the dealership. I am afraid to get charged $300 for something that I may be able to do for $100. I've never visited the dealership but I am told it can be an arm and a leg for even the smallest repairs.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's possible to do yourself, but I prefer to pay a ZF transmission place to do the transmission. You'll want genuine ZF fluid, at The CTSC - ZF Parts perhaps and I use Royal Purple.. Don't neglect the diffs either..

It may be a good time to consider a plastic pan/filter change or changing to a metal pan and changeable filter.

Transfer Case: Royal Purple Synchromax (part #01512 , quart bottle) or quart bottle); 1.6 quarts

Transmission, in all cases ZF Lifeguard 6

Differentials: Royal Purple Max Gear 75W-90 (part #01300

Motor Oil, Royal Purple 5x30

Royal Purple Oil Filter
V6 4.0L FI
Filter # 20-820
4.4L V-8
Filter # 20-2009

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.