Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Mr. t
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever try one of these to bleed coolant?

Amazon.com: lisle spill free funnel

one of the reviewers specifically said that it comes with an adapter to fit the expansion tank on a DII. wouldn't it be spilling out of the over-flow tube the whole time? and wouldn't you have to remove/siphon fluid from the expansion tank after you finish?

i've never had a problem bleeding the cooling system, but i was buying one for my other cars honda/acura. just curious to see if it made sense for the DII.

here's a video of the process.

How To Bleed A Cooling System - EricTheCarGuy - YouTube

· Registered
1,166 Posts
anyone ever try one of these to bleed coolant?

Amazon.com: lisle spill free funnel

one of the reviewers specifically said that it comes with an adapter to fit the expansion tank on a DII. wouldn't it be spilling out of the over-flow tube the whole time? and wouldn't you have to remove/siphon fluid from the expansion tank after you finish?

i've never had a problem bleeding the cooling system, but i was buying one for my other cars honda/acura. just curious to see if it made sense for the DII.

here's a video of the process.

How To Bleed A Cooling System - EricTheCarGuy - YouTube
Not for a D2. Think about it. Your pouring fluid into the raised overflow tank and watching it all piss out the bleeder screw hole until you don't have any more air bubbles. Doesn't sound spill proof to me.

· Mr. t
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not for a D2. Think about it. Your pouring fluid into the raised overflow tank and watching it all piss out the bleeder screw hole until you don't have any more air bubbles. Doesn't sound spill proof to me.
i was imagining doing the normal bleed procedure, closing the bleed screw, reinstalling the exp-tank then fitting the funnel to the exp tank with the motor running for awhile. but you're right it sounds like a bad idea. too bad our rovers don't have radiator caps. i was just kind of thrown for a loop when i saw that a purchaser on amazon claimed that he used it on his DII.

you could essentially do the same thing as the funnel by just closing the bleeder screw, keeping the tank raised and running the motor through a few fan cycles. it would definitely be the highest point in the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.