Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,
I have another question I have been meaning to ask; when sitting in the drivers seat, there is a little plastic thing attached to the dash near my right knee. It has cut-outs in it and a wire going into the dash. At first I thought it was an after market attachment for the stereo (there is an elaborate, non-functioning Nakamichi (sp?) stereo system), but it looks to be the same color as the dash. Is this part of the AC? Or?
Thanks again,

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
I think that is the dash dimming switch...

its a wheel type switch? yeah its your dimmer..

Dan Hamren

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's notthe dimmer, it is attached next to the fog light, etc. switches and has no moving parts.
Thanks,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I am still messing with it. I want to make sure I understand what is wrong before I start throwing money at it.
I cannot do pictures, my computer does not like my digital camera!

·
Registered
62 Posts
'88 RRC?

In the Pod there are
1. Check engine Light (a circle cut out of the button with a plastic fabric screen thingy....)
2. fog lamp
3. Cruise control
4. dome light
5. Rear defrost
6. Blank

the are situated as this...

1. 2. 3
4. 5. 6

RJ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi RJ,
It si not a switch. It is attached to the face of the dash with double stick backing, has three square openings in it and a small wire leading into the dash. If I had the ability to post a pictue I would.
Since no one seems to know what it is, I will assume it is an aftermarket attachment.
Thank you,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts