Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i get a letter in the mail that says that my gas tank on my D1 has been recalled for cracks ect...no big deal but the nearest land rover dealer is 50 miles away, also not a big deal, but now im going to have to sit there at the dealership for like 3 hours while they do all the work because they wont give me another vehicle to drive around...they most likely wont fill my tank back up either...GAH :complain:

:drive:

·
4,576 Posts
Correct you are...mine was actually just about 2 hours, go FIRST thing in the morning before they open, make sure you're the first...my dealer is like 20 miles from where i live=( they didnt give me a car either, i was hoping i would atleast get some beat up freelander and finish beating it up..haha....as for the fill up...try to go in with EXACTLY 1/4 tank, they'll just put it into the new one...when you go to fill up later, be cautious, there weill be pressure build up so make sure your face isnt near the gas cap when you do open it or you'll get fuel-vapor blown right at your face!

·
Registered
76 Posts
when was this recall issued? i have a 97 disco 1, not original owner so no dealership would have my contact info..any suggestions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Recall issued March 2005 for "certain 1994-1997 model year Discovery Series 1 and 1993-1995 model year Range Rover Classic vehicles". It's "Safety Recall Action B156-fuel tank cracking". It says it takes about 2 hours to replace. I never thought about only having 1/4 tank of gas. Thanks for that tip!!!!! Michele

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey everybody, i also have a 97 disco and i'm not the original owner. how are people getting letters from rover? do you have extended warranties?? should i get my gas tank checked out somehow? - and i am assuming that rover won't do anything for me since i'm way out of warranty (i only wish that i could blame poor gas mileage on a leaking gas tank, lol!) e-mail me at [email protected], otherwise i might not remember to come back to this post for a while! thanks!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
100 Miles to the ONLY dealership in the state. . . .

I got my letter last week. I have a choice between a dealer 100 mi. away, or another, in Kansas, about 130 mi. away. Will they be willing to install my new fuel pump while they are at it? LRW.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I didn't buy mine from the dealer either, but they still tracked me down. I have had other vehicles that were on a recall list. Still no problem finding me. It is their job, and their liability to get ahold of you and cover thier A$$. If you haven't got your letter yet, it may just take a few more days. Especially if you have just acquired your vehicle in the last few months(6 or so). You can always call the dealer, and give them the vin # they will check it for you. ;)

I called one of the dealers in Houston, they told me no problem getting mine in to work on, just give them a few days notice for an appointment. They seemed surprisingly accommodating. :dunno: :confused

·
Registered
76 Posts
thank god i have afew dealerships here...closest one is cole european of WC...hmm..a whopping 4 miles from me... ;c)

i'll give them a call

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.