Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HID Conversion

Well, I got the Hella Vision Plus from AB and light output has been changed. I was thinking of doing HID upgrade, which means buying HID bulb, ballast and ignitor to have HID and was wondering if the output will be different since the lens is NOT meant for HID? According to Mfg, it should improve the output.
Light Kalvin I am thinking is 5300k.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did check that site

It is very useful site with mega info.
I won't say I am not happy with Vision plus but I am more used to having the HID and was going to convert IF conversion is possible.
After replacing to Vision plus, I have a ability to swap out the bulbs (Not like sealed headlight), so I can upgrade if I needed to.
Saw a 5300K Philips HID kit on ebay for $250.00 (Plug N play) and very tempted to buy that.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
How did they compare to stock lights? I'm considering the VP (dot legal) and the E code (not so dot legal) so any input would be great.

You should give the guys at Susquehanna a call. They should be able to tell you if it is doable and the might have a kit too.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Done that!

If I remember correctly, HID needs a special projector lens to emit correct bea pattern to efficiently luminate light output. When you see BMW, Mercedes Xenons, they to have the projector lens HIDs.
If you use HID in regular halogen lens, the light pattern dispurse and not a correct light pattern emits hence effect is worse than having halogen bulb.
The kit I am considering has a latest development bulb and reflector built in to correct the beam pattern when using regular halogen lens. I am going to double check that Vision plus has separate H4 bulb that is replaceable before I buy this H4 HID kit. Or, I might just get nice Hella 550 driving light that replaces the useless foglight on the 95 RR LWB front bottom spoiler.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thin lens and not as quality reflector as Hella

If I were you, I will spend little more and get the Hella Vision Plus replacement headlight lens and bulb.
I had buddy of mine buy one of these from ebay and surprise surprise, the lens is not as durable as Hella or OEM sealed lens.
I have the Hella Vision Plus and difference is dramatic.

· Registered
29 Posts
1st rover said:
hey anyone know how these work?(good or bad)
i know because of the cristal prism {multi reflector}they are technically much better so what do youll think?
Lenses are usually plastic. Beam pattern is a little different than normal lights. I'd say personal preference. I like Hellas, I just won't pay for them. Find a VW store near you and see what they have by way of EMPI for an H4 Upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.