Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the rains have come gone but wait more to come for Nor-Cal . a week ago the local 4x4 strip by my house got filled with water and turn muddy. So I decided to test the Rovers mud ability and WOOOOW! I say I’m very impressed. I felt that I was going to get stuck a few times but didn’t panic and the Green Rover lugged me home safe.. Here is a photo of it the next day..

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the next few days I guess someone tried to copy what the Rover has been doing and this is what happened. It’s been almost a week and the Ranger is still there blocking primo trails! I hope this dude gets it out since there are more rains to come and he will really get stuck.. what a bone dip..

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Landy Andy, the tires are 265/75/16s Trxus by Interco ( $115 a tire ) . Very solid tires indeed! I have put 5,000 miles on them and they still look new. And when you get stuck in a muddy rut the sidewalls and it's little tread action will pull you out of trouble.
Vince80 who lives on the other side of the dirt lot is lifting his Red Rover and putting 31-11-16s Interco Thronbirds on it, those tires have wings.. Can't wait to see how it performs.. Very aggresive looking tires I say..

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OkieRover said:
If anyone left a new truck like that on an off road trail in Oklahoma it would be on blocks by now and stripped to the chassis.
ya it must be a bummer for this Kat to have his poor Ranger stuck where a normal AAA tow truck can't get to. Say, you don't need a Ford Ranger Muffler bearing would ya? I know where to get one.. hahaha it's been raining for a day now and going to for another 2 days. If that truck is still there he is really screwed...

·
Registered
40 Posts
OkieRover said:
Is that your lady in there with you?
What is it like to have a woman that likes the off road driving?
Mine hates it when I drive off road or through the mud or....
:bawling:
Good eye. Yep she likes it :lol:

She just bought a Honda XR 100 dirt bike to learn how to ride, so we're expanding into other dirt related areas!

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Serg said:
Hey Siam..

When do I get to come up and play? I've yet to try mine in some mud..

Serg

Any time Serg, day off are Thursday / Fri / Sat .. here are some more photos when Vince80 got the lift kit and tires put on.. Me playing spotter just to see how much clearance the Rover has when in the muddy ruts..

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrewInSD dirt bikes are awesome too I'm going to miss this dirt lot when I move Dec 5 to Alameda Island. Made a mini MX track about 3 blocks down from the mudhole hehe got to love it.. last shot, so the 265 / 75 / 16s are pretty much the same as the 31 / 11.00 / 16s just for future reference folks...

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Moving??? dang.. I better come visit before you move... well I am off Wed-Fri, so I am sure we could work something out..

I'll drop you a PM..

Serg

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Let me know Serg, It's going to rain Tuesday and Weds :D means more fun. A little slippery but just as fun.
Papaquebec, it's off Lincon/Minturn . Nice place. Just no dirt roads for my Rover and dirtbike.. :bawling:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.