Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/deer_valley.php this weekend, I got to thinkin... lockers...who needs them? Yes, they are nice but with skill and a good spotter, who needs them? With the exception of getting high centered from no spotter (the guy ahead of me didn't wait) one time, I was able to do everything the guys with lockers could do. A couple of them thought I had lockers and made a comment on how easy I made it look. When I said I didn't even have lockers, they didn't believe me. But I had good spotters. Guys who knew what they were doing and who took the time to teach it.

Don't get me wrong, yes, lockers are nice...but are they neccesary? Rubicon? I know guys that have made it without lockers.

What do the rest of you think?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If you are an extreme off-road aficionado who want to pit his skills against the task at hand perhaps lockers are not necessary. As I off-road entirely on my own 99% of the time (prospecting), I like my front & rear lockers. I don't particularily fancy getting half way through/over obstacles to find that I cannot proceed forward or backwards. Nore do I fancy having to hand winch (I don't use an electric winch) myself out of situations when they do occur. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.