Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Center Differential Lock. What year and model truck do you have? What kind of mods have you already done? Do you need lockers, all depends on what kind of wheelin and how much wheelin you do. I have never needed them because you can always take a better line, but do I want them someday... sure! Also, if you have decent wheel articulation you can get away without having them.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Nick,
What year is your truck?
Have you done any other mods. to help your truck off the road?
How much and how serious are you about wheeling hard?
Mike J.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I'd say you dont.. I dont have any on my RRC..... I wheel with guys that have lockers, they help, but because i don't i "HAVE TO BE" a better driver

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I agree with you Funrover with one exception. With lockers you don't have to work the truck so hard in the really rough stuff, less wear and tear on the T/case.
Mike J.

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
If you have to ask, you don't need 'em.
And I don't mean that like an ass. What I mean is, based on your initial comment about not doing really tough stuff, why spend the money? With lockers you're also talking about axles (and probably gears while you're in there)...an expensive proposition.

Work on your suspension, the articulation you need, eliminate binding, etc... keep all 4's on the ground. If you are in a DII, CDL is a less expensive upgrade that makes a huge difference.

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Ah yes...the ol' lockers vs. suspension debate finally comes to LRO... :D I say suspension and learn how to drive your truck. Lockers? If you can afford them, yes, but they are not the all to end all.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Well I'm with Disco Mike. It's all well and good to be macho but I love my lockers and they have never let me down yet. Suspension upgrades are good, but when you offroad on your own like I do (prospecting), you need lockers.

· Registered
734 Posts
roverX said:
Ah yes...the ol' lockers vs. suspension debate finally comes to LRO... :D I say suspension and learn how to drive your truck. Lockers? If you can afford them, yes, but they are not the all to end all.
Afford them?.............after bumpers :beer: , skid plate :beer: , shocks :beer: , springs :beer: , diff guards :beer: , tires :beer: ,wheels :beer: ,winch :beer: lights :beer: roof rack :beer: oh.........and did I mention beer? No more $$$$$$$$ :drink1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.