Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 Series IIA that's been under restoration for the past few years here are some pictures Land Rover - Imgur. Anyway I've been having some trouble finding some new front locking hubs that fit, and was wondering if you had any recommendations.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
How many miles a year will you be driving it? It takes a lot of driving to recoup the cost of hubs, unless you find used ones cheap.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
There are loads of different brands of free wheeling hubs for Series Land Rovers.
Off the top of my head there are Fairly, Selectro, Superwinch, Mile Marker, AVM and Warn.

I don't think the Warn brand are production anymore and the AVM's have a reputation for leaking, although I have lightweight with some AVM's fitted and haven't had this problem.

I would stick to the brands that have new parts available, or just fit the original drive flanges.

There are differing opinions on how much of a benefit FWH are. The debate continues........

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will have to check the brand that I used on mine. Bought them a while back and they were on sale for about $150

They are AVM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts