Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I have been reading this forum for a long time. Currently I own a Nissan Xterra which is a pretty darn good SUV. However, there are certain issues that keep me wondering if getting a Nissan was a right choice. Having a brand new truck with weak differentials is not really exciting. Hence, I am thinking of changing the ride. Since I do not need to have a daily driver, I was thinking of a 1998 Disco. I need a car for my camping trips and off roading adventures.

I am still thinking of the details, but my plan looks something like this:

- Find a low mileage garage queen for around $7-8K.
- Replace brakes, hoses, and other old things if necessary.
- Replace axles with products from Basin Rovers.
- Get a moderate 2" lift.
- Get a new slim bumper from Rover Tymes.
- Get some armor.

Essentially, I want a regular looking SUV that can be taken off road. Something like this would do:

Any questions or comments? I do not have a garage where I can work on the car, but I plan to learn to work on the vehicle myself and find a place with a garage eventually.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good plan you have there.

I prefer working out in the drive way with a good scattering of parts and tools all about just to annoy the neighbors

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ArmyRover,

I may be moving back to North East sometime in the future. How do Land Rovers deal with rust? I remember that back in Vermont roads had just as much snow as salt. My plan is still in the head and I do not know if I am going to swap my X for a LR. But I would like to be prepared.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts