Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Saturday 30th December, I part-exchanged my 50th Anniversary Discovery (2 albums) for a 1999 Defender 110 .

It's a 'Heritage' derivative of the County Station Wagon, which roughly means;
Bronze Green finish
Green leather seats (12 nominally, but 11 & a cubby-box in mine)
Ivory faced instruments (inc factory fit tachometer!!)
Td5 diesel
Unique aluminium grille
'Cast' LR badges (like the old Series 2 types)
Aluminium gear-knob
Discovery XS (mark 1) alloy wheels
Silver door (& bonnet) hinges

Early version (prototypes & press??) had body-coloured alloys.

Apparantly only 270 were built, whether that includes the 90 derivatives as well, I'm not sure??

I'd forgotten how good it felt to drive a Defender, as it's 3 1/2 years since I sold my 90CSW-V8 (& my 110Tdi went in 2001)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Badger1 said:
Very nice! :drink1:

It's not fair is it??????

We get all the cool Landies & you all get the cool cars

Ship me a mint condition 69 Charger 440R/T over & we'll talk about exchanges (perhaps ;) )

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Bush Tucker Man said:

Ship me a mint condition 69 Charger 440R/T over & we'll talk about exchanges (perhaps ;) )

You had better watch what you say! There are two very fine examples of late sixties early seventies chargers(don't know the exact years or specs) at a dealership not too far away! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Badger1 said:
There are two very fine examples of late sixties early seventies chargers(don't know the exact years or specs) at a dealership not too far away! :D

I'd like (as stated) the 1969, as seen leaping over river beds in every episode of 'The Dukes Of Hazzard' & running from Steve McQueen in 'Bullitt'

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Bush Tucker Man said:
Um.... we get cool cars in the US??? :confused Have you seen the crap we have to choose from lately?? YOU guys get the best Landies and the best cars in the UK and Europe....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rover Nick said:
So, you guys the the Dukes also, its some good ol' souther fun. Yeehaw!!

Yes, we get it on satellite TV 3times a day :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cool 'Dukes' site & forum;
http://www.hazzardnet.com/index.php

It's got these cool instruments, the last time I saw a set like that they were in a TVR.

Looks equally at home with my Ifor-Williams trailer as well

·
Registered
707 Posts
GOOD GOD MAN that is a beautiful rig Jealousy is pouring out right now :buttrock:

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Searcaigh said:
So when are you going to intercool it :D
Huh?

I think the 110 looks it's best in Bronze or Conniston green. I would like to redo mine, but it's SOO much work to do a color change. I have four new doors sitting waiting for me to get to them, so I guess I'd better decide soon.
Not wild about those grills, I think it reminds me of the heating vent in my old school (you'd think after 50 years I'd stop having nightmares about that place)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Searcaigh said:
So when are you going to chip and intercool it
TerryS said:
Huh?

I think the 110 looks it's best in Bronze or Conniston green. I would like to redo mine,
Agreed, they are the best colours for one. I'd been looking for a Coniston Green, but saw this one advertised

Chip & Intercool?
I think he's referring to upgrading the ECU by replacing the standard chip, which in combination with a enlarged intercooler (reduces the temperature,& increases density, of the air entering the combustion chamber.
This can give (a still reliable) 140-150BHP & 100+ extra Ib/ft of torque)

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I presumed that's what he meant by Chipping it, as the TD5 really benefits from aftermarket chips in the midrange torque, but his wording regarding the intercooler led me to think he thought they weren't intercooled.
As I understand it, the TD5 intercooler is 20% or so larger in surface area over the 300TDi, but someone who advertises in LRE or LROI, maybe both, makes a massive one. I would think that removeing the stock radiator/intercooler and puting in a radiator, full width, and then a big aluminium intercooler in front of that would make a huge improvemet. UK ambient temps aren't do bad, but countries nearer the equator deffinately call for a bigger one.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Serg said:
Um.... we get cool cars in the US??? :confused Have you seen the crap we have to choose from lately?? YOU guys get the best Landies and the best cars in the UK and Europe....
I agree with Serg.Look at one of my fiat dream cars,(if I ever will be able to bring one to US).I drove one in the Caribbean(Dominican Republic), and I was stunned.And...No, it doesn't feel as a Miata at all!!!.

http://www.fiatbarchetta.com/club/uk/

Carlos

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.