Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been awhile since I was last on here.

Anyway I am looking at a 2001 Discovery for my son. He is going to college in the fall up in Rochester, NY and I wanted something good in the snow and something I am use to working on.

Just was wondering what problem areas I should be concerned about. My main dealings have been with DI's and this would be the first DII for me if we buy it.
I know that they changed to headlights out to the 2003 version (seen in the pictures in the ad)

Thanks in advance for any information.

here's a link to the one I am going to look at:
2001 LANDROVER DISCOVERY SE - AWD, DUAL SUNROOFS, ALLOYS

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It would be good to have some one familiar with D2's to check it over prior to buying. I understand you have had a D1, but these are a different animal.
Price isn't bad, looks good.
What will your son be using it for?

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

He will be using it mainly for going back and forth to college. I have owned a few DI's and know them inside and out and have restored many cars. I don't have anybody that knows DII'2 that I can call or take with me. So I am on my own. Just wondering if there is anything unique on them that I should look a little deeper into when going over the thing. I know the main things to look at with air ride suspensions. Are there any common issue areas with the DII that I should give extra attention to when looking at it?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
John, if you want, PM me your number and I'll call you later Wednesday since I will be gone all day today.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
John. I personally would be a little leary of this one. He's done a headlight/bumper conversion and put in some really cheesy looking fake carbon fiber trim on the inside. It also looks like he hit something. Bumper is damaged and drooping.
As Mike said, these are worlds different than a D1. Mostly in the complex computer/electronics arena. They are VERY intolerant to neglect, even down to the most basic preventative maintenance.
This particular sample just does not look like it was properly cared for.
I would pass.
- Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts