Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems to be in excellent condition with low miles... this will be my first series truck. I 'd like to get some feedback on what this car should sell for here in the US (it is a LH Drive)... Also, any thing I should look out for...

:dunno:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Well I just passed on a 1969 IIA 88" here in the San Francisco Bay Area for $2500.. long story... I was just not that motivated.. it was decent, no rust, badly cracked tires, missing one rear side seat, needed paint, had new brakes and master cylinder, had an exhaust leak at the collector/header ...

I will probably see it this weekend at the British car meet in PA with its new owner or a $6k price tag.. ha ha. mark my words...

Serg

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
2a

HI Curt :wave: ,
Things to look for on 2a machines:-
Rot:-bulkhead top corners where windshield attaches,footwells,bottom of door posts.Chassis (frame) rails front to back,front dumb irons xmember behind gearbox and rear xmember,also the top side of the rails where the crap collects.

Engine:pretty bombproof but check for blue smoke etc or anything else that catches your eye.

Suspension:-spring bushes,bunched leaf springs,rotten shocker cowls.

Running gear:-gear selector popping out of gear on overrun(mainly 1st 2nd and reverse),wheel bearings.

These are the main causes of problems in the UK mainly the rot due to damp weather Dunno what the typical weather is where you are.

Most of the things I have mentioned are minor faults and are handy for "bargaining purposes".

Oh also check wiring some times a nightmare on 2a's easy fixed though.

Cheers ONz

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
onslow said:
HI Curt :wave: ,
Things to look for on 2a machines:-
Rot:-bulkhead top corners where windshield attaches,footwells,bottom of door posts.Chassis (frame) rails front to back,front dumb irons xmember behind gearbox and rear xmember,also the top side of the rails where the crap collects.

Engine:pretty bombproof but check for blue smoke etc or anything else that catches your eye.

Suspension:-spring bushes,bunched leaf springs,rotten shocker cowls.

Running gear:-gear selector popping out of gear on overrun(mainly 1st 2nd and reverse),wheel bearings.

These are the main causes of problems in the UK mainly the rot due to damp weather Dunno what the typical weather is where you are.

Most of the things I have mentioned are minor faults and are handy for "bargaining purposes".

Oh also check wiring some times a nightmare on 2a's easy fixed though.

Cheers ONz

Thanks, I will try to get some pictures of it linked up...This one is located in FL, and lately its been pretty damp! :beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts