Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a Disco II, loved it, sold it. So I was pretty much I'm done with Rovers since there are still all these Bimmers and Benzes around and all, but now I find myself staring at a possibility to own a Disco I, and it's a 3-door, 2.5 diesel with a manual LT77 at that. A whooping 111 hp and 198 ft/lbs of torque. 200K miles on the clock give or take. Rust was recently cut out and welded over.
The question is, would a sane person, such as myself, be in his right mind to get this car for the purpose of a daily driver/spare car, and a vehicle that can occasionally be used for light non-recreational off-roading and hauling stuff?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so here is my next question: LT77 manual gearbox will not engage 2-nd and 4-th gears, the rest of it works fine. Not a synco issue, since there is no way to engage the gears, not even if double de-clutching. What could be wrong and is it worth repairing, or should I look for an R380? LT77 has a more convenient R position, right next to 1-st, which is a plus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.