Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an RRS for my wife. Which one to get? I found a 2012 HSE (non-supercharged) and a 2010 Supercharged for within 5k of each other.

Which would you choose and why? I have an LR3 so have lots of experience with this generation of truck. Any particular advantages or problems with the Supercharged version? Anything it has above and beyond the HSE other than the Supercharger?

·
1,854 Posts
don't get a supercharge.
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
The supercharged is just as reliable as the normally aspirated. Only main differences is gobs of power on tap and potentially lower MPG as a result. If you keep your foot out of it you'll have similar mileage with both platforms.

Sent from my Toaster

·
1,854 Posts
2012 should be a good year.
From my experience with various indy LR mechanics they are always fixing engine issues with the supercharger. The 4.4 and 5.0 V8 is a reliable engine. It check the water pump many have been replaced on 5.0 engines for leaks on both LR4 & RR's
De-tango Healights (Tango British orange soda) is when you take out the orange plastic in the LR3 headlights and make them clear like on the LR4. I left the side reflectors on mine to be within US regulations.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.