Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own 2 discos and love them, going to look at an 07 Range Rover sport today which I think is a good deal, its has 149k/86k miles. Two warnings on dash ( hood open and tire pressure) I am told his bottom line is 15cdn (about 12k US) I have looked at it and seems to be in decent condition. I have owned discos for years and know their faults quite well and do all my own work. How do these hold up in comparison.
Any info is greatly appreciated
Thanks

1,855 Posts
Very reliable, less issues then Disco's for sure!
The hood sensor and tire sensors are not a big issue. Don't buy a supercharged.
RRS and LR3's from 2005-2009 are basically the same car. The RRS is based on the LR3. Check for Diff fluid not having chucks, Lower Control Arms for clunks on bumps, EPB working properly. That the suspension has no issues. Check for signs of water leaks inside coming in from a warped Cowl, A&B pillars or sunroof drains. Engine, Trans & TC are solid in these trucks.
You will be changing all the fluids at this point if they have not been done, plus spark plugs, belts, trans fluid and pan.
Good Luck
Dave

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply. I feel better already going for a test drive this afternoon. It's been newly inspected so I believe that the control arms should be good. Also I am told the air suspension was serviced last year and faulty parts replaced along with all new rotors and pads. I will check the brake, but again I assume that should work if freshly inspected. I will check belts and trans fluid if not sealed like the disco. I'm excited I have owned many discos and loved them and always wanted a range rover. So we will see what happens :)

2004 Disco trail edition 111K
2004 Disco Se7 108K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.