Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I live in Atlanta GA and I am looking for the 7-4 pin Adaptor Plug (Trail Light Adaptor) for my 2000 Disco. I've lost the one I had. Land Rover wants to sell me a whole new setup for $280.00 not going to happen. Any ideas on where I can buy just the adaptor or how I can solve this problem in the next week.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Go to any trailor hitch shop, even U-Haul has them and they are cheap.
Mike J.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The one from U-haul is nice because it has LED's on the trailer plug so you can tell it's working. The problem is attaching it to the special socket behind the right taillamp. I'm still trying to cobble something that will plug in without cutting the wires on the truck or using those scotch-lock connectors. They work, but I'd like something more elegant. I'm just an engi-nerd, I guess.

I just looked at the one on E-bay, and it looks like I'm a little off-base. I didn't know there was an adapter that hooks to the harness connector behind the tail light and comes out in that 7-pin configuration. I guess the electronic device goes between the round plug and the flat one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.