Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some lady crashed into the back of the rover last night. Thinking the easiest way to fix it is to just put on a new rear tub. Has anyone got one with no dents or holes for sale in the area at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
317 Posts
RPGreg2600,
Hmm, from here that doesn't look bad enough to warrant replacing the whole tub. I'd pull that corner capping off, straighten it in a vice and see if I could pound out the rest from inside the fender. The trickiest part would prolly be where that reinforcing piece of angled aluminum runs along the bottom of the back of the tub...but I'd certainly try bashing some birmabright first...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the thing is, the tub as a whole wasn't that great to begin with, and if insurance is gonna be paying for it, I figured I might as well see if anyone has one for sale. The other side is bent too from where I rolled into a telephone pole when my diff broke, and there's a large hole in the floor, and dents and dings here and there. Although I did do all that work stripping the whole thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.