Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to find out where I can order some manecor spark plug wires? I found some at 4x4 adventure gear, but they do not have any for an 04 Disco with a 4.6 eng. As for stores here in Hawaii. They are not much help and they are more of a ripe off than the stealership. Any help would be great. All so what is the size of Bosh spark plugs do I need? The auto store could not even find my eng in their computor base. So they could not tell me what ones I need.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'll check with Magnecor and see if they have them for the 04 Discovery.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Has anyone ran magnecore wires on a Discovery Series II before without a hitch?

I was told it would set off sensors by the dealership and my LR mechanic. They said they draw too much juice and screw up the sensor readings causing dash lights to go off.

I wanted them put in my last major service for extra power.

Anyone here able to prove my heresay wrong?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
BIRD said:
I am looking to find out where I can order some manecor spark plug wires? I found some at 4x4 adventure gear, but they do not have any for an 04 Disco with a 4.6 eng. As for stores here in Hawaii. They are not much help and they are more of a ripe off than the stealership. Any help would be great. All so what is the size of Bosh spark plugs do I need? The auto store could not even find my eng in their computor base. So they could not tell me what ones I need.
I found out that the wires for the 04 Disco is the same as the 4.6 RR (part # 80242). I'm checking to see if we have any in stock. If we do I can give you a 5% LRO discount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Magnecore

I put them on my 95 Disco last fall and haven't had any problems. The instructions that came with them stressed the importance of a solid connection and their heat resistance. They also fit perfectly. At the same time, I also replaced the plugs with Bosch Platinum+4s. Drove fine for 4 months. Oddly when I was forced to take my Disco to a repair facility for gasket work, they told me that those plugs were always trouble and replaced them (without my consent) with Champions. Nothing against Champions, but never heard of this.

PS - just found this forum, great site! :clap:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
jim95disco said:
I put them on my 95 Disco last fall and haven't had any problems. The instructions that came with them stressed the importance of a solid connection and their heat resistance. They also fit perfectly. At the same time, I also replaced the plugs with Bosch Platinum+4s. Drove fine for 4 months. Oddly when I was forced to take my Disco to a repair facility for gasket work, they told me that those plugs were always trouble and replaced them (without my consent) with Champions. Nothing against Champions, but never heard of this.

PS - just found this forum, great site! :clap:
My Bosch Plt +4 only lasted a few months also, I wouldn't recommend them. I'be heard other folks have the same problem.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome guys,
Im new as well and I agree. This sight is full of knowledge because everyone loves what there talking about.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank's for the info!!

Thank you for the info. The sealership told me the same thing and that Land Rovers seam to run better with Champion plugs. As for my self I do not know that much about spark plugs. I will more than likely keep the stock plugs. I do know that replacing the wires can be a pain in the neck. Is there a secret to doing that part of the job?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.