Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Defender 110 TD5. Right hand drive
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking to sell my 2001 Land Rover Defender 110 TD5- Right hand drive_ Southern Africa.
I am based in Cape Town, South Africa and am immigrating to Toronto this year.
It's got 166,000 KM, complete service history. I've owned it for 15 years. It's a good one.
Since its a right hand drive, i am not sure i should bring it along.
Any advice or buyer contacts would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone,

2001.Defnd.TD5.jpg

·
Expert Crate Digger
369 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I’m certain you are allowed to ship a 20 year old car to Canada.
In saying that, I’d keep it if it’s in great condition but remember the Canucks use salt on their icey roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
I’m certain you are allowed to ship a 20 year old car to Canada.
In saying that, I’d keep it if it’s in great condition but remember the Canucks use salt on their icey roads.
Hey,
Thank you for the kind words.
I can bring it. I am just not sure if it is practical as my daily driver in town as it is a right hand drive.
So thought i would reach out and ask.
Have a great weekend and all the best,
Bryan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey,
Thank you for the kind words.
I can bring it. I am just not sure if it is practical as my daily driver in town as it is a right hand drive.
So thought i would reach out and ask.
Have a great weekend and all the best,
Bryan
Bryan, if you elect to bring it to Canada it may not, as you're thinking, be a practical daily driver.... but if you opt for another vehicle after you get here, your Defender will sell readily. For very good coin! A vehicle like yours is well out of my price range... but, in my experience, there is always a market for them here in North America. Good luck!

·
Expert Crate Digger
369 Posts
I’ve got a NAS (LHD) Discovery 2 here in England where they drive on the left side of the road.
The only driving issue I have with a LHD vehicle in a RHD country is going through a drive through. I have to lean all the way across the passenger seat to get my Big Mac meal. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bryan, if you elect to bring it to Canada it may not, as you're thinking, be a practical daily driver.... but if you opt for another vehicle after you get here, your Defender will sell readily. For very good coin! A vehicle like yours is well out of my price range... but, in my experience, there is always a market for them here in North America. Good luck!
Hi Rob,
Thank you for your insight.
I am planning on using it or storing it (to possibly sell at some point), if I bring it. I really am looking for advice and insight from the local guys and gals.
I really don't want to let it go, but open to a really good home for him if it comes about.
So thanks again for the encouraging words and your time.
All the best,
Bryan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve got a NAS (LHD) Discovery 2 here in England where they drive on the left side of the road.
The only driving issue I have with a LHD vehicle in a RHD country is going through a drive through. I have to lean all the way across the passenger seat to get my Big Mac meal. Lol
Hi,
I hear you! I saw one guy use one of those "claw arms" (has a squeeze grip on your hand side and a retractable claw/ tool on the other) to get his drink in a drive through. Maybe look into that!
LOL.
All the best,
Bryan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you sold the car I am interested.
Good day,
Thanks for the interest in my vehicle.
I do still have the vehicle, but I am considering swapping it to left and hand drive and bringing it over.
Really don't want to get rid of it.
I would appreciate any advice you may have.
Thanks and all the best,
Bryan

·
Super Moderator
2,301 Posts
There’s a lot involved in doing a right-left swap. More than you can imagine 😳
Educate yourself before jumping into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts