Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving home from my sisters yesterday...

Clunking from underneath the car, clutch pedal to the floor and fluid leaking from under the engine :mad:

Rang my bro in law who has his own garage and he informed me Im looking at a good part of a grand to get it fixed :eek: Something to do with a reservoir bursting in the clutch housing which will result in a new clutch and ALOT of hard work to fix....

Looks like Im driving around in the mrs's Ford KA for a week or two :shifty:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still no car :bawling:

I'm now after a new Clutch Kit and Slave Cylinder for a 98 (R Reg) 1.8 Petrol Freelander (Had enough of driving round in the other halves Ford KA :shifty: )

The cheapest I've been quoted for parts is £164.98 from Famous 4x4.

Anybody know of anywhere else? Ive just missed out on a SACHS Clutch kit on Ebay which went for £40... :confused

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Just a thought, have you tried locating a wrecking/spareparts yard that buys writeoffs at insurance auctions? I don't know of any in England, but there's quite a few here in Australia.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooooo eeeeerrrr

Its gets worse!! :mad:

I had the slave cylinder replaced "WOOOHOOOO!"

But now the car wont start :shifty: The chap came out on Sunday night to check out the battery and try to jump start my car (Incase the battery was flat) Now it wont start at all :bawling:

I've checked for loose leads and nothing, I've ensured that theres plenty of fuel in as well and still none the wiser to why......

I know the battery was ok, as I was starting the car weekly to ensure that it had a charge and Ive only had the poroblem after the slave cylinder was replaced!!

Any ideas?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm not at all familiar with Freelanders, but does it have an Inertia (fuel cutoff) switch? if so, give the button on top of it a press and see if this gets it going. Also check that the coil lead is secure.

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Yeah. I've been down this road a time or two. You are working on system A which is completely unrelated to system B. And suddenly after A is fixed B is busted.
Wherever he was working look for disconnected bits or the like.

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
when you say no start like no crank.

it could be the immobizer unit.

OF course its hard to say without using proper diag.

They need codes read and such to really get a feel where to go.

You didnt remove the battery and battery tray did you.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to the guy whos sorting my car for me....

He's telling me that the car ran out of fuel which has blocked the injectors! I've checked the coil lead (Fine), I've no idea if he's had the battery tray off or not?! The air filter seems a bit loose (Whereas it wasn't before) SO I'm thinking he's had to take the lot out to get to where the slave cylinder is attached to the clutch housing?

He should have been coming to tow it to his garage last night.... as of 5am this morning it was still sitting outside my house :mad:

· Registered
590 Posts
Back on the road :clap:

Well chuffed! :drive:

Merry Xmas All

:needpics:

I wish I had a brother in law like you Bubsie...

So what fixed what???

This isnt yahoo, we actually like knowing what the "cure all" ended up being for our own adventures in life......

· Registered
3 Posts
Still no car :bawling:

I'm now after a new Clutch Kit and Slave Cylinder for a 98 (R Reg) 1.8 Petrol Freelander (Had enough of driving round in the other halves Ford KA :shifty: )

The cheapest I've been quoted for parts is £164.98 from Famous 4x4.

Anybody know of anywhere else? Ive just missed out on a SACHS Clutch kit on Ebay which went for £40... :confused
hi try www.partsgateway.co.uk very cheap. good look!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.