Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the LA area, I have tried two independant shops this past year with mixed experiences, was wondering if anyone can chime in with a mechanic recomendation, I have 90,000 on my 99 Series II and I need to decide whether to keep it since the extended warrany just expired. The last shop I went to charged me the same hourly rate as the dealer so Im not sure if it is worth it? I need front brakes, about 20K ago i did brakes and rotors, I'm told I need rotors again? is that normal that rotors have to be done everytime?
One other question I noticed some of you have very cool black powdercoated rims, does anyone know of a place I can get them done in Southern California? Thanks so much.

· Registered
590 Posts
You can go twice with new rotars.

Can you make it to Riverside for a mechanic? If so look up Inland Rovers. Thats where I take my 2000 series II.

They are usually half the price of the LR dealership.

I had my rims powder coated at a powder coat shop in Temecula CA.

If that isnt too far away, I will look in my phone book for the shop name.

I had 5 rims done shiny black for 350 bucks, but I think he upped teh price a little since then.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that info, I think I will give them a try, its not in my backyard but not to far. If you can find the name of the company that did your wheels I would appreciate it, I saw a picture of them they look great. Im not sure if we have the same rims my stock rims are 18" I wonder if they are different material and if they can be painted? I will have to look into it. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.