Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
purchased a Series 3 88" Station wagon I have been happily driving it along and somtimes when I try to change gear the stick will go in and then when I depress the throttle it goes no where! this only happens now and then and when it does I get stuck on the side of the road! :mad: then after fiddling around with overdrive ect it goes.!!!

any ideas?

cheers

Giles

· Registered
7 Posts
sounds like a clutch problem mate as it only happens when you change gears.
when this occurs get under the vehical and see if the throw fork is returning or is stuck in the disengage position.
if stuck the problem could be the clutch slave and or master cylinder more than likely it will be the slave.
if these check out you will have to seperate the gear box from the motor and inspect the thrust bearing and pressure plate. if either of these are bad i would purchase a clutch kit and replace.
hope this helps brighty

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Could be the clutch. If the enjin is not running will it go into gear then? If so it is the Clutch.

otherwise it is in the box. Could be that you bearings are gone thus you have play on the shafts in the box itself.

Does it ever jump out of gear once engaged?

· Registered
2 Posts
As per the earlier post its sounds like the clutch , i would try bleeding the clutch cylinder first though as replacing the clutch i a big job it could be that the clutch cylinder needs bleeding or replacing
:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.