Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haves 1993 range rover LWB. My coolant warning light keeps going off when I'm driving but when I'm idle it doesn't flash at all. I checked my fluid level and it is fine. The temperature needle doesn't move. I checked the wires and they are fine and covered. Other than that I'm lost. Does anyone know what else I should check?

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a replacement coolant cap but before The cap arrived, I had the rover cut out on me on the highway. I was driving on I 95 south from the Bronx, ny to New Jersey . 5 miles into the drive the low coolant light started flashing and this time it didn't go out. I kept driving because I knew I filled the coolant just three days prior and also I did not notice any leaks while parked. As soon as I got to the New Jersey border the car just died and came to a stop. I checked the battery power and the alternator and it is fine. I checked the fuel pump and it is also fine. The lights and everything else works. It starts but does not turn over. I also went to the passenger seat, moved it all the way forward and switched the fuel relays position and still nothing. I also looked at the switch ( located under the passenger seat) and made sure it wasn't switched off by accident and it wasn't. I am now at a lost for ideas.
Anyone can chime in anytime, I will be greatly appreciative.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I know this idea may seen crazy
But sometimes mine kinda does that
If I have gas cap on to tight
It just dies and won't start
Good luck
Mike

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@mikieman: I thought of that and tried that but that didn't solve the problem. The problem was the distributor rotor. That failed...got another one and problem fixed...about the coolant light situation, changed the cap...still need to change the expansion tank to the white one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts