Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
The "best" kit, based on quality, warranty, and positive reviews, is likely the OME Medium Duty kit at a cost of $840+shipping. Keep in mind that you'll also want to purchase an upgraded steering damper for $90+shipping.

A more economical kit (which I used) is the Terrafirma medium duty kit at a cost of ~$550+shipping. The steering damper for this kit is $55+shipping. The quality of the kit is great, it provides a great compromise between off-road capability and on-road manners. I've put mine through it's paces and it has yet to let me down.

Provided that you have decent mechanical knowledge, a good set of hand tools, and a jack/jackstands capable of lifting the truck high enough, the install is a breeze. There's a pretty good how-to on Youtube. Having the job done at a shop should run between $600-$800.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
If your on a budget don't even bother with a lift. Buy good tyres in the standard size instead.
$ for $ a decent set of MT/AT tyres will get you much further down the trail than any flex-o-matic double HD lift kit with much less compromise and consequences. Lifts have domino effects on just about everything.
Next big purchase should be a winch.

If you really want a cheap lift, coil spacers are very inexpensive.....but they won't help much on the trail.

My 2c.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Keep your eyes open on the various Land Rover boards and Craigslist. You may be able to snag used quality springs and shocks for a bargain price.

You might also look on EBay. There's several guys like Paul Grant around who break apart Rovers for a living.

Try discoweb.org -- - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

You can also put what you're looking for in the Wanted section on sites, if someone has something they're selling you want they'll usually give you a holler.

The previous posters ideas about getting good tires an a winch is good advise, too. Remember, practice makes perfect. I've seen guys in fairly stock Rovers outwheel guys with the lifts and the bling more than once.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the help I found an ome kit at the local pick and pull and pulled it off a 2000 discovery 2 for only $40!!!!! Who knows how long it will last but il just keep my stock ones in my closet thanks again to everyone

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
2" Coil Spacer advice

If your on a budget don't even bother with a lift. Buy good tyres in the standard size instead.
$ for $ a decent set of MT/AT tyres will get you much further down the trail than any flex-o-matic double HD lift kit with much less compromise and consequences. Lifts have domino effects on just about everything.
Next big purchase should be a winch.

If you really want a cheap lift, coil spacers are very inexpensive.....but they won't help much on the trail.

My 2c.
Hi Guys

I have a similar problem to the chap that started this thread, I live in the land of far far away and no LR parts sold here! Shipping is a wicked price! Papua New Guinea in other words.
What is the opinion of the coil spacers? I dont do much "hardcore" off-roading and was wondering what the pro's opinions are. Safe, unforeseen complications, etc. Oh yes, I'm putting on a set of 245/75 R16 M/T.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Brett

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.