Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pick up my brand new LR 3 diesel HSE (adriatic blue) but today I found out that the new Rangerover sport can be delivered in may already for
almost the exact same price. Now I am contemplating if I should ask my dealer
to keep the Lr 3 and get me a new Range rover sport in may.
What would you do ?
I drive around 40.000 Kilometers a year

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I would get the LR3!
It is 4x4 of the year nearly everywhere.
Off roading I hear is awesome.

I just wish we could get the diesels here. :mad:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
How come the LR3 and RR sport are nearly the same price. My understanding is that the RR sports is supercharged while the LR# is not. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think that RR Sport and LR3 prices may overlap, but the Sport will be generally higher priced. The Sport is also aimed at a different buyer. It is smaller, with no third row seating and has a sportier driving position. However, it does retain the LR3 off road ability, in fact it is potentially better! :clap:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Range Rover Sport is pitched between the Discovery 3/LR 3 and the Range Rover but there is bound to be some price overlap.

The Sport is available with three engines, V8 petrol, V6 Diesel (the TDV6 as in the Disco 3 but not available in the US) and the supercharged V8 each priced accordingly.

Me, I'll just stick with my newly acquired Series 1 Disco and save some cash :D

Happy Christmas everybody :madnoel:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today my dealer called me that the RR Sport can be delivered in june
(the diesel). The price of the diesel is starting at Euro.70.000
(yes, americans, just be happy you live in the States when you read
our buying prices !!!!) Next week I am picking up the HSE for almost Euro.75.000 !!! The only extra's are : leather, automatic shift, navigation
and a special blue (adriatic blue). I can not imagine that their are going to be very big price changes between the two. But even though I got the Disco 3,
I have to admit that I love the design of the new RR sport even better.
I wished land rover had provided our dealers with some earlier info.

Have a nice X-mass !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
UK Disco 3 owner

The choice is easy to make. If you want road performance and some off road ability go for the RR Sport. If you want a real 4x4 with awesome off road ability, good on raod performace then the Disco 3 is the best bet.

Most SUV owners never go further off road than the beach. The Discovery 3 is aimed at off roaders that want comfort and practicality.

I love mine!

Seasons greetings

Jason (UK)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Healingbreeze ! Tell me more about your experience with the Disco3.
I am realy curious because in Holland I have not seen one on the road yet.
I am counting down the days that I can pick up my new Disco, but pleae let me know your experiences so far. I am an onroad driver and hardly ever (basically never) get off-road.
I am not going to wait until the RR sport is being released but will go for the Disco.
By the way how did you solve the phone problem, since the integrated system is still not possible until somewhere in April ??

·
Registered
75 Posts
healingbreeze said:
If you want road performance and some off road ability go for the RR Sport.
Some off road ability!? :confused
I am in the lucky position of having driven a supercharged RR Sport off road, it is unstoppable! It has the same chassis as LR3 but better breakover and you don't even need to use low range because it has so much torque. :D
Though I don't suppose many will be used in this way for a few years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts