Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 LR3 113,000 miles. Cat code P2096 P2098

With the LR computer, it is confirmed I'll need to replace both Cats. This is what I found interesting. Per my friend who works at the dealer, they are seeing a lot of LR3 or RR with the V8 4.4, mileage between 80K to 130k with the same cat code, ended up replacing one or both Converters.

Anyone on the forum running into the same issue? This is the first vehicle I owned with Cat failure... Shouldn't the converter last much longer???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Someone from this forum suggested first that you change your spark plugs, then clean your map sensor. This is what I am going to do tomorrow. I had fault lights, had the oxygen sensors replaced twice, had the emc re mapped and later still got the cat code, and the engine that goes on and off. So my last resort is to change the plugs, which I have never done since I bought the car 3 years ago. Also in ebay they sell a cat converter cleaner, but Ill just add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. will let you what happens.

Don Jones

·
1,854 Posts
We have 2 LR3's and no, no catalytic issues nor have I heard of this issue by others.
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post, but adding more info for those who end up here via searches. I have a 2006 LR3 (4.4), 2006 RRS (4.4), and a 2006 RR HSE (4.4) all with over 200K miles. All have the original cats and are not throwing codes. Love these trucks and hope to keep them running as long as I can. These 4.4 Jag engines still purr like kittens!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.